Friday, November 5, 2010

Welcome & About Me...

Welcome to this hastily-created blog!  If you're reading this, you probably know that the sixth position on the Washington State Supreme Court is the prize at stake in the heavyweight election contest between Justice Richard Sanders (incumbent) and appellate attorney Charlie Wiggins (challenger).

The election was held five nights ago, and we still do not have a winner.  As the vote totals continue to see-saw between both candidates, those of us who are interested in this race are beginning to see fascinating trends.  I hope to bring you up-to-the-minute information on these trends and some educated predictions as new results are posted from each county.  I hope you'll continue reading this blog.  I will certainly continue posting to it.

As for me, I'm a second-year law student (2L) at Seattle University with a healthy interest in elections and an unhealthy interest in statistics.  I could never claim to have the gravitas of Nate Silver (http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/) or any other true political statistician, but I hope you'll derive some value from my bumbling amateurism.  Incidentally, if you happen to be a statistics person and would like to become a contributor on the blog, please e-mail me!

No comments:

Post a Comment